Presidential candidate, Senator Elizabeth Warren, has released her plan to assist Black Farmers. After months of meeting with a group of Black Farmers and hearing their tragic tales, she has come up with the following actions to “dismantle the last plantation:”
- Transform the culture of USDA from the top down to root out discrimination.
- Radically restructure the office that handles civil rights.
- Reform the civil rights complaint process to prevent abuse.
- Stop USDA from letting itself off the hook for civil rights complaints.
- Address discrimination in the local administration of farm program resources.
- Strengthen USDA’s focus on farmworkers.
Click on the link to Senator Elizabeth Warren’s official website to learn more about her plan, and how we all can help the Black Farmers.